Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Will Miss #107 -gun control


The previous post aside, handguns are illegal in Japan so the chances that you're going to get shot by a disgruntled coworker are pretty much zero. No, if a pissed off former employee wants to take it out on his former compatriots, he's going to have to go for a mass stabbing instead (as that has been the trend in the past year or so). I'm going to go on the record as saying I am for gun control in the U.S. and think that the current situation is ridiculous and certainly ends up increasing violent crime rather than protecting people from it (not that my opinion appears to matter as politically, the NRA is going to trump little old me all the time).

I'm pretty satisfied that the law keeps most guns out of the hands of regular citizens, and I'm going to miss that.